Hardwood Flooring in Schenectady, NY
Transform your living spaces with warm and inviting hardwood flooring from Schenectady Floor Covering! Hardwood floors add classic sophistication and elegance to both homes and businesses. Our showroom in Schenectady, NY, offers various engineered or solid hardwood flooring, so you will find the floors that meet your style and performance needs.
Don’t settle for a limited selection at another store. Instead, treat yourself to a world of stylish options at our flooring store, which has been around for over six decades. We take pride in offering various hardwood flooring products for use in any room in your home or business. Our showroom carries many different products manufactured by some of the nation’s most trusted brands, including Floorcraft, Spotlight Values, and Downs.
What Types of Hardwood Flooring Do You Carry?
There are two types of hardwood, solid and engineered. Our wood flooring selection comes in various colors, plank sizes, and grains. No matter which flooring option, they both add elegance to your home with their natural eel and timeless beauty. Learn about the hardwood flooring types that we carry:
- Engineered hardwood flooring is made by layering 3-5 thin pieces of wood with the grains running at different angles and is designed to expand and contract when exposed to moisture and humidity. This ensures that the flooring does not crack or shift when it gets wet, allowing it to be placed in any room in your home. While engineered hardwood looks like solid hardwood, it is more structurally stable and can be used anywhere - even in spaces with lots of moisture.
- Solid hardwood flooring is more commonly known as traditional hardwood flooring. It is designed to endure when it is appropriately taken care of. It can be refinished multiple times to refresh its beauty and shine. Due to the refinishing process, solid wood floors will last for decades.
What Are The Benefits of Hardwood?
Hardwood flooring offers many benefits that not only help improve the value of your home but can also help improve your overall quality of life. When you purchase hardwood flooring from our flooring store, you invest in quality products from some of the industry’s best brands and manufacturers.
- Enhances the look and feel of your home by adding a touch of elegance.
- Low maintenance and easy to keep clean.
- Adds value to your home.
- Solid and durable, meaning it can last for decades and is an excellent long-term investment.
- Helps improve interior air quality.
- Looks great with any decor style.
- Comes in various appearances, colors, styles, stains, and species.
- Improves acoustics in your space.
How Do I Keep My New Hardwood Floors Clean?
Keeping your hardwood floors clean and looking brand new for years to come is easy! The Wenatchee area experiences a lot of humidity throughout the year, so you must prepare your new hardwood floors accordingly. Before using any hardwood cleaning products, consult your floor’s warranty to ensure you are using a product that won’t harm your hardwood flooring. We are always happy to make a cleaning product recommendation! Take these steps to ensure your new wood floors are pristine:
- Regularly sweep or vacuum.
- Dry mop to remove any excess dirt and debris.
- For a deeper clean, use a soap and water mixture when mopping.
- Use a wood polish every 2-4 months for extra shiny floors.
- Consider purchasing a dehumidifier to help prevent your wood floors from expanding and contracting due to moisture.
Professional Hardwood Flooring Installation Services
Installing hardwood floors is best left to our skilled and experienced flooring experts. The planks need to be positioned for maximum aesthetic appeal and secured properly to prevent shifting and lifting, as planks that move are vulnerable to damage. Rely on our certified installation team to install your new hardwood floors quickly and efficiently. We guarantee your satisfaction. Our installations are covered by some of the best guarantees in the industry, including our Ultimate Confidence Guarantee. This guarantee is our promise to you of a quality install. Should you find yourself unhappy with your new hardwood flooring, just give us a call within 30 days of your installation, and we’ll happily replace your floor with a similar product at no additional cost.
Contact us to learn more about our hardwood flooring selection and installation services. We proudly serve customers in Schenectady, Niskayuna, Clifton Park, Guilderland, and Delmar, NY, as well as the surrounding communities.